Sunday, May 25, 2008

10 Hours and 55 Minutes to Departure

I begin typing this at midnight and our plane leaves at 10:55 in the morning. It's been a crazy couple of days as we've tried to get everything ready. As you can see, we're still up. We probably have a couple of hours ahead of us since we haven't started packing yet but we'll get there. Besides, staying up all night should put us on our way to adjusting to the 10 hour time change.

We did take a bit of a break yesterday for fun to see the new Indiana Jones movie. Spencer and I LOVED it. Dean and Christian thought it was okay. Based on that review, I'm not sure what to tell you. As we watched it, I actually recognized a Russian word here or there in the dialogue. Not so sure that the ones I recognized are going to be all that helpful to me in Russia but it's a start.

Well, I must run. But I thought I would share a few pictures of what we are currently sorting through and trying to pack. This is going to be a challenge. This could take longer that I think.

These are all the documents that we must carry on the plane. Let's hope we don't have far to go between terminals because these are going to be heavy. I think we have the equivalent of a tree in paper.

And this is what we still have to pack. Notice there are no clothes for Dean or myself in this pile.

One last note before I leave you to pack, I said goodnight to my kids tonight. Sidney and Spencer of course gave me extra long hugs. Christian said goodnight and headed to his room (he's not feeling too well). I asked Christian if I could get a hug. He turned around and actually gave me a real hug, not a token "Can we get this over with" hug. I think he may miss me after all when I'm away.





























4 comments:

Blake said...

Blythe, good luck on your long journey. I feel for you as I've done the pack all night fly all day only to arrive in the morning trip a few times. I hope that all goes well.

Becky said...

So happy for you all! I can't wait to meet Christina and tell her how lucky she is to have such cool parents!! Miss you already and can sympathize with Christian!
E-mail if you need anything here or there for that matter!
Becky

Jodi Leishman said...

WOW!! I'm so excited for you. I can't believe all that you have to bring with you before you add the clothing.
Be safe and we can't wait to follow your journey.

Ker said...

I cant wait to hear how it all goes. AND I cant wait to meet Christina!