Saturday, July 5, 2008

Happy 4th of July!

Happy 4th of July Everyone! We celebrated by going to the Stadium of Fire at BYU's Lavell Edwards Stadium. We initiated Kristina to the celebration of Independence Day in grand style. The show included The Blue Man Group and Miley Cyrus.

The Blue Man Group was amazing. Dean and I are thinking we may have to make a trip to visit Larry and Norma and family to have an excuse to go and see their show in Las Vegas. And since it includes lots of percussion, Christian really enjoyed it too.

But lest we kid ourselves, the vast majority of the audience was there to see Miley Cyrus. Glenn Beck, the host of the night, asked if everyone was ready for Miley Cyrus and we were blasted with thousands of screaming little girls. Their screams were louder than the fireworks later. She put on a great show. Sidney and Kristina were ready in their Hannah Montana shirts and I think they both had a great time.



But for me, the show was a reminder that we live in a very amazing country. Since I've only been back from Russia for two weeks now, I am still feeling incredibly grateful to be home in the good old USA. To parts of the world, we may seem obnoxious, we may be very consumer oriented, we may even be arrogant, but we are free. And instead of obnoxious, I would say we are just incredibly optimistic. Thank heavens for optimistic forefathers who hoped for something better for themselves and their kids. Thank heavens for optimistic soldiers who put their lives on the lines because they believe that we are all entitled to freedom. Here's to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness! God Bless America!










And just a little update on the last blog. The mohawk is gone. Christian shaved it off the next day as promised. I should have seen that mohawk coming though. He's been working on the look from the beginning.

4 comments:

Ker said...

OK the Christian post was hilarious! I have to admit though I have seen Deans photos with long hair, and I am trying to now picture him with a mohawk.

Jodi Leishman said...

Looks like you guys had an AWESOME 4th of July. I loved your patriotic sentiments.

God Bless America!

Adele said...

Hey - we were there, too! And I agree - BMG was the best part of the show, and we were SURROUNDED with screaming little girls, so funny. You should definitely go to a full BMG show, but if there was any way to pull it off, you should do it in Chicago! They have a small dedicated theater there, and you are really up close and personal and part of the show - SO fun! Don't know how Vegas would compare, but I do know that when they came to town it was a different experience....just something to get ya thinkin'! :)

Loved the mohawk experience, too - I'd say you are great parents - way to let him live a little....we have that baby mohawk going on, too, these days....so cute!

Love your blog! - a

Kati said...

Hi Blythe! I got your blog from Becky's! So much has changed for you cute family! I haven't seen or talked to you for so long. It is so good to see what you are up to. email me at littlebitoflove76@gmail.com and I will send you an invite to our blog...
Kati Price