It's the beginning of a new year. Everybody is making their resolutions. I hate resolutions. Now, don't think I confuse resolutions with goals. I am a goal setter and I believe in goals. I just don't believe in resolutions. I think resolutions set us all up to feel bad about ourselves within a few weeks. And I think the mind set of resolutions is that you can only better yourself with the beginning of a new year. So I say Bah Humbug to resolutions.
Now, I do believe a new year is a great time for reflection. Last year, I was reading a blog by Ali Edwards. She made a suggestion that in place of resolutions, you choose a word that sums up what you want for yourself in the new year. Then you filter the choices/goals, etc. you make through the year by this word. I LOVE this concept. Interestingly, I heard a similar concept mentioned on the Today show this morning. Ali lists a whole bunch of word suggestions on her blog. She also talks more in depth about the word concept here. I did this last year and plan on doing this again this year.
I'm also taking a great class called A Life Well Crafted by Kolette and Jason Hall online at Big Picture Scrapbooking. Even if you aren't a scrapbooker, you may want to sign up just for the month by month audio version. In January's audio, we were reminded to break things down into Baby Steps, as per What About Bob. I love What About Bob. And I love Baby Steps.
So here's to reflection, defining words and baby steps. And Bah Humbug to Resolutions. Happy New Year Everyone!
It's Christmas Eve!
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment