Wednesday, June 4, 2008

All is going well...

This is going to be quick because I am standing in a cafe a couple of blocks from the apartment. But I wanted to update everyone quickly.

We arrived safe and sound in Russia. All went very well at the court and Kristina is with us now. Everything will be finalized next week and then I'll find out when I am off to Moscow. Dean returned to the United States yesterday so Kristina and I are on our own for a couple of weeks.

Everything is good. We have done a lot of sight seeing with interpretors in tow so we can communicate then. But even when we are on our own, we've done okay. I pull out the Russian dictionary every once in a while and sometimes we both just shrug our shoulders and laugh. We've watched a lot of Looney Tunes together--Bugs Bunny seems not to need interpretation. I've also watched some Russian movies with her, we've read some books, we've hung out. All is well. But I am looking forward to coming home. I really do like it here but I want to be able to drink water from the tap, use the internet and understand everyone around me. And I am missing Dean and the kids and all of you terribly.

Well, our food just arrived so I will be off. I hope to post pictures another day. I've taken a ton of them!

Love you all!

5 comments:

Cindy said...

Hi Blythe...it was so great to see your post on your blog! I've been checking your blog each day for updates, and was so excited to read your post! Congratulations!! I've been thinking of you so much lately.
That is so wonderful that you have Kristina with you now. I bet you are thrilled! (and I bet she is too!)

Sure wish you didn't have to stay over there so long, but I know the time will pass quickly and you'll both be on your way home in no time! Hang in there...

I so admire you and Dean for doing this. I know that sweet little girl will be eternally grateful that you chose her to be in your family, and that you gave her the love she probably so desparately needed. You guys are awesome!

Take good care, travel safe and I'll be thinking of you and praying for you!
Hugs!
Cindy Baker

Ker said...

YEAH! I know that all will go well in Moscow! Keep hanging tough sista!
Cant wait to see you!

Michelle Nist said...

Yay! I've been checking too - glad to see a post today!! You're in our prayers and we can't wait to see all the photos. Enjoy your bonding time - it will be with her forever!!

Tracy said...

I've been thinking about you every day Blythe! I'm glad it's going well. I simply can't wait to see photos. Wish I was there with you my friend!

Hugs,
Tracy

Jodi Leishman said...

I'm so glad to hear "all is well". How fun that you get to have Kristina with you all the time. I'm sure it's a great opportunity to bond together before you integrate her into the family life.
I think of you often. Can't wait to see your pictures.
Be safe.