Kristina had her first sleepover this weekend. I have to say, she has made some darling new friends and I am so grateful to them and their moms for their patience with her. I know that everyone worries when their children go to school, especially at a new school in a new place. Will they make friends? Will they adjust well? But when you add in the fact that the new school is in a whole new country with a different language and a different culture, the worry is a bit stronger. But as I listen to Kristina and her friends laugh and giggle and communicate to each other in a mixture of English, sign language and just plain silliness, it warms my heart. This little Russian girl is going to be okay.
Here are Kaylee, Madison and Kristina.
Funny story--Madison and Kaylee are both tiny little sticks. We all went to Carl's Jr for dinner. All three girls downed quite a bit of food for such tiny things. On the way home, they were laughing in the car and Madison said, "Oh, it hurts to laugh when your stomach is so full." When your waist is as big as my wrist, of course it does. Okay, maybe you had to be there but I laughed out loud when I heard this.
These three even tagged along (in their pajamas) to hear Christian play this weekend. His band, Epic Rag Doll Scene, had their first gig on Friday night. But I'll post more on that tomorrow when I actually have a picture to share with all of you.
For now, I'm off to bed. Monday has to come sometime.
4 comments:
Looks like Kristina is doing AWESOME! Her little friends are so cute. It must be so amazing to watch her experience all these things. You have such a great family.
This makes my heart happy, Blythe. I am so glad to hear your daughter is adjusting to life here. I miss you. Can we get together, please?! :-)
hey blythe!!
so gald to hear kristina is adjusting well. i wish i lived closer so we can scrap together! I'm closer now that we've moved but it's still too far to drive.
miss ya
kisha
I am so happy for you!! She is darling! I can't even imagine the blessing your family is to her. So glad that all worked out for her to be part of your family.
Post a Comment