
It's Christmas Eve. Today we'll have a big dinner, watch a Christmas Story, read Luke 2, open new pajamas and then send everyone off to visions of sugar plums while Dean and I wrap all the presents. Since TBS has A Christmas Story on for 24 hours beginning Christmas Eve at 6:00 pm MST, we time our Christmas prep by how many times we get through a Christmas Story. So in light of that funny movie, what was your best Christmas present ever?
This is a hard one when you actually have to sit down and think about it. Christmas was always pretty magical growing up so it's hard to pin down any one thing. It could be this.

This doll was tiny and she had this tiny little furniture to go with her. She even had a miniature amusement park with a merry go round, ferris wheel and everything. I love everything in miniature so this was a pretty good one.
But it could be the year I told Santa to surprise me and he got me the Olympic gymnast Barbie with her own balance beam and a Barbie cruise ship. Or the year I got the supersized Stuffed Mountain Lion. I had been prepared to just get the small one and then the jumbo one showed up Christmas morning. That was a pretty good one too. But then last year, Dean and my parents surprised me with these.
Library Drawers! Those of you who have never aspired to being a librarian or who have no love of things antique may not understand this one but it was pretty great.
I'm posting this assignment to my kids and husband so I'll post later with their favorites. Please post and let me know yours.
Merry Christmas to all and to all a Good Night! (This was a pretty good Christmas present too.)
2 comments:
Looks like you guys had a fantastic Christmas!
I got my photo blog back up and running...let me know if you have any questions I can help you with!
pricelessimpressions.blogspot.com
Wow, I can think of so many "surprise" Christmas presents from the lean years in Burley and some in Twin Falls. I can remember loving that Putt Putt Train in your photo for years and years. The year Shawn and I got Star Wars toys and another year when we both got football helmets and pads with the Burley Bobcat duffle bags stick out as high lights. Probably the greatest surprise of all though was when I was convinced there was no way we could ever afford a radio controlled airplane (which we couldn't) and then I came downstairs to find the beautiful mostly-built Sterling Piper Tri Pacer that I remembered Dad having built for his boss years and years previously while we were in Burley. I was honestly speechless! The fact that Dad had built it made it all the better. I'm glad it still hangs in a position of honor in their computer room. I think getting their hands on that plane and transmitter for free probably is up there on Mom and Dad's own list of Christmas miracles.
-Mitch
Post a Comment