Sunday, February 8, 2009

It was a Beautiful Day!


Yesterday was an amazing day. Kristina was baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. And then later in the day, she was sealed to our family for time and all eternity. It's hard to describe what an amazing day it was but it feels like the culmination of a very long and difficult journey. The bottom line is that Kristina was meant to be a part of our family and we are so glad that is now official, not just in this life, but in the next.

Thanks so much to the missionaries, Elder Lanier and Elder Holcomb, who taught her the Gospel discussions, to Dustin Steel who acted as our Russian interpreter during the discussions, to his wife Christina, who patiently sat through the discussions as well, and to all of our family who supported us through this process, especially our kids who put up with a lot.

My wonderful friend, Colette, took pictures at the temple yesterday and I hope to share some of those on this blog soon. But here are some for now of the wonderful day.






9 comments:

CaraNathan said...

That is so neat Blythe. Congratulations!!

Adele said...

That is so GREAT!
What a wonderful day, how awesome to have it all happen at once, probably a lot of work, and a little overwhelming, but what wonderful memories it will make! Congratulations, you must be so relieved to finally be at this point of the journey :)

Jan said...

Wow, what an experience you guys have been through with Kristina. I got tears in my eyes reading this blog. I'm so excited that she has been baptized and sealed to the family. We wish we could have been there. Tell Kristina congratulations for us.

Semi Granola Mom said...

Congrats to your family. Small world, Steve and I used to work with Dustin Steel, def a great guy :)
~C

Jody said...

Oh my gosh!!! I am THRILLED! Congratulations, my dear friend! I am so happy for Christina and for you guys. This was meant to be. Yeah!!!

Libby said...

That is great Blythe!! i am so excited for you Kristina and the rest of your family.

Kari said...

Congratulations to you and your family.

Jodi Leishman said...

Wow!! What an amazing experience for your family to go through. I bet your children will rememember her conversion and the sealing for years to come.

Jamie said...

That is so wonderful. I got your blog address from a Christmas card that was on Karen's fridge. I have been thinking about you alot and hoping all is well. Check out my blog and at least we can keep in touch this way.
Jamie