It's marching band season and it is currently ruling Christian's life. He has practice 12 hours a week, he has competitions every weekend and while he complains about the time involved (of course there has to be something to complain about), he is loving it. And so far, American Fork High School has ruled every competition. They are doing a tribute to World War II, featuring music from Band of Brothers and the video game, Medal of Honor. And each of the kids wears a dog tag around their neck that honors someone from the armed forces. Christian is wearing a dog tag honoring his Great-grandpa, Andrew Jackson Moffitt, who fought in the Pacific in World War II. We saw him perform at the high school but I didn't take any pictures because I couldn't get a good view of the whole field. But he's got some competitions coming up in the BYU and U of U stadiums so I anticipate some really good pictures from those. I will post those later. He's performing in Pocatello this weekend if anyone wants to make the trip.
Here is the drumline. Christian is the first one on the left in the back row.
It makes a mother so proud.
No comments:
Post a Comment