Tuesday, November 25, 2008

They're Magically Delicious!

Cold Cereal is a staple in our house. While I would love to say I make my children a hot breakfast every morning, that is just not reality here. Cold cereal, in various varieties, is breakfast most mornings and on Sunday evening it is usually the snack of choice and on crazy nights when Dean and I are both running around, it often becomes dinner. So when Kristina arrived here from Russia and did not like cold cereal, we were thrown for a loop. We had to scramble to try to find things she could eat for breakfast when everyone is rushing around trying to get out the door by 7:30 am. Muffins, granola bars, fried eggs (when time permitted) and apple pastries have all been offered at breakfast with mixed results. But this past Sunday, for whatever reason, Kristina decided to try Lucky Charms. And apparently, those frosted marshmallows were a hit.

She thought I was crazy for taking this picture of her, but this was truly a milestone!

And, in keeping with my attempt to celebrate the abundance in my life over the past week (and yes, I have slacked a bit on my posts), today I choose to say thank you for the abundance of food in my life. It is a basic need but one that I think we sometimes take for granted. You can talk about rising food prices all you want but the truth is, we have plenty to eat and can usually get what we need when we need it. And if you doubt me, next time you visit a store, just look at the number of varieties of cold cereal available to you. If that isn't abundance, I don't know what is.

No comments: