Saturday, December 20, 2008

Family Photos


We recently had family pictures taken. We were way past due for them and more importantly, we needed one that included Kristina. Allison of Pretty Little Pictures in American Fork did a great job, especially considering her subject matter. The one of the four kids above is my absolute favorite. It's rare to get a really good photo of all my kids together so I was thrilled with this one. Amazingly, all the kids cooperated, no one complained of how cold it was outside, and Allison was incredibly patient.


Dean doesn't like this photo but I don't think it is too bad. We're just not getting any younger, darn it.


We took a few photos inside like this one but they weren't my favorite. We aren't a "formal portrait" type of family. This was the only one indoors I liked, probably because it wasn't quite as posed.


I liked these photos in front of an old building better. Some people may not like the grungy feel of the old building.


But I love it. Makes me wish we could have taken a picture by the old white house in Kelton where I spent the summers. Or the Quanset. Or some of the tractors.


This is the photo we sent out this year. We just antiqued it a bit for the Christmas card.


This is the photo we chose to blow up for our wall. But, we toned it down just a bit...


...like this. I like the antique look of this.

So there you have it. Our latest family portraits. Let's hope it's not another five years before we do it again.

5 comments:

Jody said...

I LOVE these pictures! I must go to this photographer. I think Kristina looks like one of your kids... since she is that works out great! Love to you!

Jody

Adele said...

beautiful pictures
beautiful family

you are truly blessed :)

Jodi Leishman said...

I love your pictures. What a great photographer. How fun to have an updated family photo.
You may not get a Christmas card from us this year. My hard drive went out and I haven't had time to track down everyone's addresses again.
Enjoy the holidays.

Kati said...

Your pictures turned out GREAT! You have such a beautiful family.

Jan said...

I love your family photo's. You are all so cute. Can I call the boys cute? I should say they boys are all handsome and the girls are all cute.