Here's a few scenes from our house.
If it isn't obvious, I have a soft spot for Christmas Story, Peanuts and nativities.
The kids did gingerbread houses this year. We didn't have any major house crashes (last year Spencer and Christian's looked like an earthquake had hit). And you know what the best part of decorating was? Charlie Brown's Christmas was on at the same time, not on video but actually on TV. Does anyone else remember timing your life around when the Christmas specials were on TV? I lived for those and Wizard of Oz. It is nice to watch them at will but there was something about scarcity that made them more special.
Now that I have a blog and am posting photos for all to see, I've finally decided that it's time to go manual on my camera and play with aperture and shutter speed. These photos would have benefited from that. If anyone has some great sources for learning more about photography, I'd love to hear them. (Lit, if you are reading this, I'm sure you will say, "It's about time.")
We hope everyone is having a great Holiday season this year. We'll keep you posted on more of our events.
2 comments:
Love your nativities, we try to collect a new one each year, this year got a big flannel one that is finger puppets and a marble egg that is hollowed out and has the nativity carved out in it... if that makes sense, but I totally drool over your peanuts one :)
PS love the christmas card pic in the corner, that is beautiful.
~C
The best place to start learning photography is with a very basic book from the library. Photography for Dummies will get you started. There are lots of simple tutorials on the web. And of course, make sure you read your manual so you know how adjust your camera settings.
Thanks for the Christmas card. We are so bad at sending them (or end of year updates). I think it's been three years since we sent them. Send me your email, I'd love to catch up.
Post a Comment