Both abundance and lack (of abundance) exist simultaneously in our lives, as parallel realities. It is always our conscious choice which secret garden we will tend...when we choose not to focus on what is missing from our lives but are grateful for the abundance that's present---love, health, family, friends, work, the joys of nature, and personal pursuits that bring us (happiness)---the wasteland of illusion falls away and we experience heaven on earth.
~Sarah Ban Breathnach
So, on that note, I am going to try to focus on abundance over the next few days. Thanksgiving is, after all, only a little over a week away. So I'll start with today. Today I am grateful for a husband who is patient through my moods, loves his kids, takes good care of all of us and still loves me even when I post pictures like this.
Really, could I ask for anything more? (Don't you think he bears a striking resemblance to Ruprecht in this photo? "He's going to love Oklahoma's wide open spaces. He likes to run and run and run."--Dirty Rotten Scoundrels)
I do love this guy.
2 comments:
OK, I wanted to make some cute remark, but I am going to chicken out this time. My main comment was that I appreciate you sharing that quote from TS Mondon. It is a great reminder. BTW, we still owe you money.
Great post Blythe!
Post a Comment